Information We Receive From and Collect About You
We will collect your name, email address, password, telephone number, and device ID when you:
- create a Giddy user ID to access our websites or applications (including through social media credentials);
- create a user profile; and/or
- contact us for services, support, information or other reasons.
We may also collect other information that you choose to provide when doing any of the above. Some information is required; other information is optional.
In addition, if you place an order with us, we will also collect your mailing address.
To help keep our databases current and to provide you with more relevant content, experiences and offerings, we may combine information you provide with information from public sources and trustworthy companies (such as our e-commerce providers and business contact databases) in accordance with applicable law. These sources help us maintain the accuracy of our databases and tell us about the size and industry of our business customers.
We may keep a record when you contact us to request services, support or other information in accordance with our data retention rules.
In-application data collection programs
Some of our applications include specific data collection programs. Depending on the application or program, we may associate data collected by these programs with your personal information.
We may use analytics in our mobile applications, including from third party analytics services. For details on analytics used in a specific mobile application, please read the application’s “About” section (iOS and Microsoft mobile devices) or “Legal/Privacy” section (Android devices).
For your convenience, here is a non-exclusive set of links to the privacy policies and opt-out instructions to third party analytics services we may use:
Our cloud services require you to login. In addition to providing you with entry to our systems, we monitor the general access and use of our applications and cloud services in order to:
- provide you with access to features and activities on our websites and applications;
- confirm your entitlement to use specific features and services;
- provide customized content and resources based on your activity;
- improve our sites and applications to better serve you on whatever device you are using;
- conduct research and analysis to address the performance of our sites and applications;
- help maintain a secure system, detect fraud and protect you;
- track usage for billing or other reporting purposes, depending on the service or its features.
Our websites and servers, your use of browsers
Our servers automatically collect and record information when you access our websites and servers via browser, application, or other client (or otherwise communicate with us). Your browser or device may tell us:
- your browser type;
- language preference;
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address (which may tell us generally where you are located);
- the type of device or system you used;
- the time and date of your request;
- the page that led you to our website; and/or
- the search terms you typed into a search engine that led you to our website, if applicable.
Social networking pages, widgets and third party tools
We have pages on many social networking platforms and may collect information when you visit these pages (for example if you “follow” or "like" us).
Be sure to review the privacy and data usage policies of any social networking platform you use to learn more about its privacy practices and your options.
Sometimes there’s more information in context, when you need it
Some of our websites and applications may display supplemental privacy or data collection notices so you can make informed choices. For example, while using an application you may see a notice explaining a data collection program and your choices for participating.
In certain limited instances, websites and applications owned by Giddy may have their own privacy policies. This may occur if we buy another company to expand our business and need some time to fully integrate the company’s privacy practices with ours explained here.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect information about you for a number of purposes and strive to use personal information about you in useful ways, including:
For website, application and service related purposes
- verifying eligibility to access our websites and applications;
- delivering services, support or information you have requested;
- for any related purpose that you would reasonably expect, such as general administrative functions.
- sending necessary business communications, such as:
- application service packs;
- notices about upcoming events like an account or subscription expiration date;
- reminders that you need to take an action such as complete a payment.
- alerts someone has commented on or “liked” a post you have made;
- someone you follow has made a post;
- someone invites you to join their group or view their content.
- voluntary surveys;
- new applications;
- special offers or promotions;
- information about events.
For measurement, improvement and personalization
- measuring and better understanding how our websites and applications are used, so we can improve them;
- tailoring your overall experience with us, including our websites, applications and marketing.
For licensing, safety and security purposes
- reducing software piracy and fraud;
- ensuring our applications and websites are used in compliance with applicable terms of the law, protecting our customers and end users.
To help you make informed choices
- to ask you for a permission in context (such as a marketing permission, or permission to access certain information on your mobile device);
- as explained in any supplemental privacy or data collection notice for a website or application.
INFORMATION AND CONTENT THAT YOU DISCLOSE
Some of our websites and applications allow you to post “likes,” comments, profile information (including profile images), videos, photographs, images, design files and other content that may include or be associated with personal information for others to see. Before posting, please keep the following in mind:
Be thoughtful about what you post
We urge you to be careful and thoughtful when deciding to disclose personal information on our applications and websites. If you are posting information you do not want disclosed publicly, make sure you are using a website or application that allows you to control who sees information you have posted.
Information you post may be disclosed to others
In some instances, you can limit who may view or access your posts, while in other instances the information and content might be available to registered members of the application or website or even to the general public. Information you post will be public by default under your user name.
Your personal information may be disclosed to others
Your name, user name, profile image, or email address (particularly if this is your user name) may be posted with any message or other content posted through some of our applications and websites.
Public posts on a forum may remain after your account closure and copies may remain viewable in cached or archived pages of our websites or if other end users have copied or saved the information.
Please see our section titled “Sharing information with companies, organizations or institutions with which you are affiliated”.
We want ensure the personal information we maintain is accurate, complete and up to date. You can update, correct or delete your profile information by logging in to Giddy with your Giddy ID and making edits to your profile and information. Instructions and a help page are provided.
If you close your account, please note that we need to retain certain records for legal or internal business reasons and some of your information may remain on backup systems in compliance with applicable law.
You may have the right under the data protection laws of certain jurisdictions to request access to the personal information that we keep on you, with exceptions in certain limited circumstances where such law requires us to deny such access.
For some websites or applications, we may allow access to certain content that you have shared, including personal information, through an application programming interface (API).
API access will be mentioned in the applicable terms of service and we place limitations on what third party developers can do with information. You can find links to the applicable App Developer Agreement for such APIs via the terms of service for the application in question.
Public information access by third-party applications
On some websites and applications, content you post is public and cannot be marked as non-public or private. Check the posting controls for the specific application or website you are using.
Where there is an option to mark content as private or otherwise choose a non-public status, and you choose the non-public option, third party developers will not be able to access the following information through a public information access API:
- the content (including its title, and public comments you include with the content);
- the name (or pseudonym) associated with your account;
- the profile image associated with you;
- the profile URL (which may include user ID) for the account. If your content is "public" but you do not want developers to have access to your real name or profile image (for example, if it is a picture of your face), use a pseudonym or "handle" and use a profile image that does not consist of a picture of you.
Authenticated access by applications
You may choose to use third party applications to manage your interactions with our websites or applications, such as the following:
- manage relationships: following, unfollowing, blocking, and unblocking people, and to approve people who want to follow you on our website or application;
- manage content: to post and remove content on your behalf;
- manage likes: to manage likes and similar actions on your behalf; and
- manage comments: to manage and post comments on your behalf.
We require app developers to explain what actions they will take and what information (including personal information) they require to take these actions and to obtain your approval. In addition, we require developers to provide a link to a site outlining their privacy practices. Third party application developers are not allowed to use your personal information for marketing or promotional purposes without your consent and are otherwise restricted in their use of your information by the terms of the applicable App Developer Agreement.
It is your choice to approve or not approve access by these third party applications.
STORAGE, RETENTION AND DELETION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Where we store personal information
We store personal information and data files associated with you on Giddy servers and servers of companies we hire to provide services to us. This information is stored in the United States.
We will keep personal information about you only as long as we need it:
- to honor your choices;
- as required or permitted by applicable laws and regulations (for example, some laws and regulations may require us to retain certain transactional data).
We try to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, please note that when you delete information, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may also retain information in our backup systems.
Destruction of information
We take reasonable measures to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information in a secure manner when it is no longer required.
Your communications choices
- You can subscribe to or unsubscribe from Giddy commercial communications by using our webform or following the unsubscribe instructions in communications you receive. Please contact us if you require assistance.
- Any such unsubscribe request shall not prevent us from contacting you for business purposes related to your Giddy account.
SHARING INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may share information about you with third parties under certain circumstances.
When you agree to the sharing
We do not share the personal information of consumers with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes without a consumer’s consent.
We may share information about you with companies, contractors and agents that help us to run our business. These companies, contractors and agents provide services to us like
- fulfilling orders;
- sending emails to you on our behalf;
- delivering customer support;
- storage and analytics services;
- processing payments.
We require these companies, contractors and agents to agree to use reasonable safeguards to protect information about you. Their access to your information is limited to what is required to provide services for us and are prohibited from using personal information they receive from us for their own purposes.
To comply with legal process, and address safety and security concerns
We share personal information when:
- we are required to provide information to comply with applicable laws, subpoenas, court orders or other legal processes;
- we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or respond to fraud, defend our websites or applications against attacks, or protect the rights, property and/or safety of Giddy, our customers, users, or the public.
Sale of some or all of our business
We may share or publish aggregated information and other information that does not specifically identify you, such as statistics about the number of visitors to our websites or about how customers and end users use our applications.
SHARING INFORMATION WITH COMPANIES, ORGANIZATIONS OR INSTITUTIONS WITH WHICH YOU ARE AFFILIATED
Usage information/consumption reporting
The company, organization or institution through which you have access to our websites and applications may have set up an agreement with us to receive usage information (for example, usage reporting for billing purposes) subject to privacy and employment laws.
This usage information may be reported on in aggregated form or in various other ways (including individual usage) depending on our agreement with you or the company, organization or institution through which you receive access, as applicable.
More information is available by reading the terms of service or software license agreement applicable to the websites or applications you are using or from your license or contract administrator.
Collaboration tools and features
Our applications may include collaboration tools that allow others within and outside of your company, organization or institution to view, share and comment on a project on which you have been working (including models, designs or other information). Your posted information or comments will be associated with your user name.
We collect information that may identify you to your system administrator in connection with the automatic update process to help your administrator determine what updates you need.
Your system administrator can enable his/her ability to view identifying information, which may include:
- Your corporate user login name
- Your computer’s name or description (for example, "Venkat’s Desktop")
SECURITY AND INTEGRITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use a combination of process, technology and physical security controls to protect personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We encrypt sensitive personal information transferred over the Internet using Transfer Layer Security (TLS) encryption or similar technology.
Access to personal information is restricted to those employees, contractors, and agents of Giddy who need to know such data to perform their assigned functions. Despite our efforts, we cannot completely ensure or warrant the security of your personal information as no security controls are 100% effective.
Third parties are responsible for their own privacy practices. Third parties include social media platforms or other websites we link on our websites and applications. Be sure to read the privacy policies, supplemental notices and settings of all websites or platforms you visit to understand their privacy practices and your options.
The websites and applications are not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen on the site, we will delete the information from our records.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have privacy questions, concerns or complaints you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that if you contact us to assist you, for your safety and ours we may need to authenticate your identity before fulfilling your request.
NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a resident of the State of California, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by Giddy to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Giddy does not disclose user information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes.