- ELIGIBILITY: The “Home Robotics Challenge & Sweepstakes” presented by GE Appliances and Autodesk (“Promotion”) is open to legal residents of, and residing within, the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, who, at the time of entry, are at least 18 years old. Officers, directors, and employees (and members of their household and of their immediate families, i.e., parents, children, spouse, siblings, grandparents, the “step” of each and persons residing in the same household of such immediate family members, whether or not related) of Haier US Appliance Solutions, Inc. DBA GE Appliances (“Sponsor”), its subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, dealers, distributors, advertising/promotion/web design agencies including Autodesk, Inc., Mercury Promotions & Fulfillment (“Mercury”); and/or their affiliates, assigns or representatives (hereinafter referred to collectively as “Sponsor & Others”), and all other persons or entities associated with the development, administration, promotion, execution of, or supply to this Promotion are not eligible to enter or win. Residents of all jurisdictions other than the 50 United States or the District of Columbia are ineligible to participate.
- TIMING AND PROMOTIONAL ELEMENTS: The Promotion starts at 12:00 A.M., Eastern Time ("ET") on 8/1/17 and ends at 11:59:59 P.M., ET on 8/14/17 (the “Promotion Period”). The Promotion consists of the following two elements:
(A) A contest to determine which Entrant has the best answer to the question: “What should a home robot do for you?” (the “Challenge”); and
(B) Fourteen (14) daily sweepstakes ("Daily Sweepstakes").
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROMOTION: To participate in the Promotion, an eligible entrant (“Entrant” and collectively, “Entrants”) must download the Giddy App to his/her iPhone® or Android® phone. An Entrant may download the Giddy App to his/her iPhone from the Apple® application store and for Android phone from the Google® Play store at no cost. After downloading the Giddy App, the Entrant must then register for the Promotion by using the Giddy App to provide the required registration information including his/her first name, last name, user name, valid email address and telephone number. The Entrant will receive a code and will need to create a password to access his/her Giddy account. The Entrant must then take a selfie, confirm that he/she is at least 18 years old and agrees to these Official Rules. Downloading the Giddy App and registering for the Promotion is required to participate in the Challenge and the Daily Sweepstakes.
To enter the Challenge, an Entrant must upload a video or up to four (4) photographs at the same time answering the question “What should a home robot do for you?” The photograph(s) or video must have a title and a brief description of Entrant’s answer to the question (the “Challenge Entry”). Each Challenge Entry is subject to the Challenge Entry Guidelines and Requirements set forth in Rule 4 and as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules. Limit: One (1) Challenge Entry per Entrant during the Promotion Period regardless of e-mail address used.
By downloading the Giddy App and registering for the Promotion, an Entrant will receive an entry into the Daily Sweepstakes (a “Daily Sweepstakes Entry”). If an Entrant has downloaded the Giddy App and registered for the Promotion prior to the start of the Promotion, he/she will automatically receive a Daily Sweepstakes Entry as of the first day of this Promotion.
To receive additional Daily Sweepstakes Entries, using the Giddy App, an Entrant must either vote using an emoji or comment on a Challenge Entry. Limit: One (1) additional Daily Sweepstakes Entry per individual per day during the Promotion Period regardless of e-mail address used. Entries from a Daily Sweepstakes will carry forward to a subsequent Daily Sweepstakes.
Entry into the Challenge and Daily Sweepstakes is via the Giddy App only.
Note: By participating in the Promotion using a mobile device, an Entrant’s wireless service provider may charge the Entrant for applicable data charges. Entrants should consult their wireless service provider regarding its pricing plans. Message and data rates may apply. Entrants should review their mobile device’s capabilities for specific mobile application instructions.
- CHALLENGE ENTRY GUIDELINES AND REQUIREMENTS: Each Challenge Entry:
- Must include either (i) a photograph(s) not to exceed 15 MB in total size, in one of the following file formats: .JPG, .JPEG, or .PNG; or (ii) a video not to exceed thirty seconds and 50 MB, in one of the following file formats: .MOV, .MPEG, or .MP4;
- Must contain a title that is no longer than 140 characters and an answer to the question that is no longer than 300 characters;
- Must be in English or commonly understood foreign words;
- Must not contain material that violates or infringes the rights of any entity or person (whether living or deceased), including, but not limited to, privacy, publicity, copyright or other intellectual property rights;
- Must have approval from any persons appearing in the photograph(s)/video, and the Entrant must be able to provide express written consent of every such person appearing in the photograph(s)/video to Sponsor if requested;
- Must not disparage Sponsor & Others
- Must not include any personally identifiable information of any person, such as full name, address or phone number;
- Must be the Entrant’s original work;
- Must not prominently feature any logos, brand names or trademarks other than Sponsor’s, which Sponsor has granted Entrant a limited license to use for purposes of this Challenge as set forth in Rule 5 of these Official Rules;
- Must not have been submitted previously in a promotion or contest of any kind;
- Must not contain, facilitate, reference, or use material that is fraudulent, inappropriate, indecent, lewd, pornographic, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- Must not contain, facilitate, reference or use material that contains prohibited content which shall include, but is not limited to content that promotes, suggests, or encourages:
- gambling, including without limitation, any content related to online casinos, sports books, bingo or poker;
- the use of firearms/weapons/ammunition, any prescription drugs, illegal drugs, prostitution, pornography, nudity, profanity or other adult content, violence, or the use of marihuana, alcohol or tobacco products;
- the taking up of arms against any person, government or entity, or otherwise challenges or seek to overthrow any government;
- Must not contain any viruses, spyware, malware, or other malicious components that are designed to harm the functionality of a computer in any way;
- Must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Challenge Entry is created
NOTE: If any Challenge Entry fails to comply with any of these Challenge Entry Guidelines and Requirements or any other provisions of these Rules, Sponsor/Administrator reserves the right to disqualify the Entrant and the Challenge Entry will not be eligible to win.
- SPONSOR’S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY (“IP”) AND GENERAL ENTRY TERMS: Sponsor grants each Entrant a limited, revocable, non-sublicenseable license to use Sponsor’s name, product, trademarks and logos (collectively, “Sponsor’s IP”) for the sole purpose of participating in this Challenge. Entrants are not permitted to make any further use of Sponsor’s IP for any purpose whatsoever. In addition, irrespective of the limited, revocable, non-sublicenseable license granted to Entrant in these Official Rules, each Entrant recognizes that all rights, title, and interest in Sponsor’s IP shall remain exclusively with the Sponsor, and Entrant agrees that he or she has not and will not take any action that might harm or adversely affect such rights. Each Entrant further acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor’s IP rights are valid and enforceable, and that Entrant shall do nothing to challenge the validity or enforceability of Sponsor’s IP in any forum. Each Entrant agrees that the use of Sponsor’s IP is permitted only for the purpose of making a Challenge Entry, beyond this scope infringes the rights of Sponsor and will result in irreparable harm to Sponsor.
Except for Sponsor’s IP that may be within a Challenge Entry, each Entrant retains ownership of his/her Challenge Entry. Each Entrant hereby grants to Sponsor and its affiliated companies and designated agents a non-exclusive, transferable, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty free, unconditional, fully paid license and right (a) to post and to make, have made, use, copy, reproduce, modify, and create derivative works of the Challenge Entry and any materials provided by the Entrant with the Entrant’s Challenge Entry or otherwise through the Challenge (“Entrant Materials”), (b) to publicly perform or display, import, broadcast, transmit, distribute (directly and indirectly), or license the Challenge Entry and Entrant Materials (and derivative works thereof), and (c) to sublicense to third parties the foregoing rights, including, without limitation, the right to sublicense to further third parties. Additionally, each Entrant consents to the use of the name, statements, photographs, videos, audio (including, without limitation, voice) recordings and likenesses of himself/herself and any other person appearing in the Challenge Entry, for publicity purposes, as well as any other purpose associated with the Challenge.
If requested, Entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of any or all of the rights Entrant is granting to use the Challenge Entry.
- DETERMINING THE CHALLENGE WINNERS: The Challenge Entry with the most number of valid emoji votes in a single emoji category will be the potential “Challenge Grand Prize Winner.” The Challenge Entry with the second highest number of valid emoji votes in any single emoji category will be the potential “Challenge First Prize” Winner. The Challenge Entry with the third highest number of valid emoji votes in any single emoji category will be the potential “Challenge Second Prize” Winner.
For example, if Entrant A has 100 votes in the “scary” emoji category, Entrant B has 200 votes in the “love it” emoji category, Entrant C has 300 votes in the “silly” emoji category, and Entrant D has 150 votes in the “silly” emoji category then Entrant C will be the potential Challenge Grand Prize winner, Entrant B will be the potential Challenge First Prize winner and Entrant D will be the potential Challenge Second Prize winner.
If there is a tie among Challenge Entries for a prize, then Mercury, the independent judging agency administering this Promotion, will randomly select the prize winner among the tied Challenge Entries.
Any emoji votes determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to be made through bots, script or any other unauthorized mechanical methods or any other fraudulent method (as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion) will be deemed void and any user suspected of using such methods may be disqualified from further participation in this Promotion. Any Entrant deemed by Sponsor to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of this Promotion may be disqualified by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- DAILY SWEEPSTAKES RANDOM DRAWINGS & ODDS OF WINNING: Within ten (10) business days following each Daily Sweepstakes, Mercury will select one (1) potential Daily Sweepstakes Winner in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries in that respective Daily Sweepstakes. Odds of winning a Daily Sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible Entries received in that respective Daily Sweepstakes and non-winning entries from earlier Daily Sweepstakes.
- NOTIFICATION OF POTENTIAL WINNERS: The potential Challenge Grand Prize Winner, Challenge First Prize Winner, Challenge Second Prize Winner, and each Daily Sweepstakes Prize Winner (sometimes, individually referred to below as “Winner” and collectively as “Winners”) will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail on or about the next business day following the applicable random drawing or when the Challenge Prizes are determined. Mercury's decisions shall be final in all matters pertaining to this Promotion.
- PRIZES: Challenge Grand Prize (1); Challenge First Prize (1), Challenge Second Prize (1) and Total Number of Daily Sweepstakes Prizes – 14 Prizes (1 Prize per Daily Sweepstakes).
(A) Challenge Grand Prize (1): The one (1) Challenge Grand Prize Sweepstakes Winner will receive a GE Appliance Front-Load Washer & Dryer pair [model no. GFW490RPK and model no. GFD49ERPK]. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Challenge Grand Prize is $2,598. Sponsor will only deliver the Challenge Grand Prize to the Challenge Grand Prize Winner's legal residence that is within a GE Appliances delivery zone. If the potential Challenge Grand Prize Winner resides in an area that is not within the GE Appliances delivery zone, the potential Challenge Grand Prize Winner must agree to accept delivery at the location within the GE Appliances delivery zone that is closest to his/her residence and to be solely responsible for delivery from that location to his/her residence. All costs and expenses not specifically included above are solely the Challenge Grand Prize Winner's responsibility, including all federal, state and local sales and use taxes, etc. Installation of an appliance won in by the Challenge Grand Prize Winner and removal of the appliance being replaced is solely the responsibility of the respective Challenge Grand Prize Winner.
(B) Challenge FIRST PRIZE (1): The Challenge First Prize is a check made payable to the Challenge First Prize Winner in the amount of $1,000
(C) Challenge SECOND PRIZE (1): The Challenge Second Prize is a check made payable to the Challenge Second Prize Winner in the amount of $500.
(D) DAILY Sweepstakes PrizeS (14): Each Daily Sweepstakes Winner will receive a $100 Visa® Prepaid Card. ARV of each Daily Sweepstakes Prize is $100. Total ARV of the Daily Sweepstakes Prizes: $1,400.
IMPORTANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO VISA PREPAID CARD: Terms and conditions of Visa Prepaid Card apply. Stock Batch Incentive Visa Prepaid Cards are issued by MetaBank®, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. MetaBank is not the Sponsor of this Sweepstakes. Additional fees, as allowed by law, may apply that may reduce Card balance. Card does not expire, though a monthly inactivity fee of $2.95 per calendar month may be charged. Fees will be waived for the first twelve (12) calendar months of inactivity, including the month of issuance. Fees will not be charged once the balance of the Card reaches $0. This Card can be used anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted within the U.S. only. Sponsor & Others are not responsible for misplaced, lost, stolen or tampered with Cards.
Limit: A Winner of a Daily Sweepstakes Prize is not eligible to win any other Daily Sweepstakes Prizes nor is his/her spouse, parent, child or any individual who resides in a Daily Sweepstakes Winner's household; however, a Daily Sweepstakes Winner is eligible to win the Challenge Grand Prize, Challenge First Prize or Challenge Second Prize.
Total ARV of all Prizes is $5,498.
IMPORTANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE ALL PRIZESEntrants should regularly check their spam filters and email messages to ensure they do not contain any important Promotion notifications. Regardless of the Prize won, no Prize is redeemable for cash; nor is it transferable or substitutable except that Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, substitute a Prize or any component thereof with one of equal or greater value.
The Challenge Grand Prize Winner and Challenge First Prize Winner will be required to sign and return within ten (10) days of notification or attempted notification of being the potential Challenge Grand Prize Winner or potential Challenge First Prize Winner as the case may be, an Affidavit of Eligibility/Compliance (including Social Security Number or Tax Identification Number as required for tax reporting purposes) & Publicity/Liability Release (where permitted by law), or an alternate potential Challenge Grand Prize Winner and/or First Prize Winner maybe selected. The Challenge Second Prize Winner and each Daily Sweepstakes Prize Winner will be required to provide a valid physical address for prize fulfillment within seven (7) days of notification or attempted notification of being a potential Winner, or an alternate potential Winner may be selected.
The Challenge Grand Prize Winner and Challenge First Prize Winner will receive a Form 1099 in the amount of the actual value of the Prize, as required by law. The Challenge Winners only also must agree to be subject to a background check before the Challenge Prizes are awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any potential Challenge Winners based on the results of such background check if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that awarding a Challenge Prize to any such individual might reflect negatively on the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and select an alternate potential Winner in accordance with these Official Rules in the event that: (a) a potential Winner is unreachable; (b) a Prize notification email is returned as undeliverable or is not responded to; (c) failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; (d) a potential Winner declines acceptance of the Prize; or (e) if in Sponsor’s determination, a potential Winner has not complied with these Official Rules. All Prizes will be awarded provided there are a sufficient number of eligible entries; however, Sponsor will make no more than three (3) attempts to award a Prize. If after three (3) such good faith attempts, Sponsor is unable to award a Prize; the Prize will not be awarded. Sponsor has no responsibility for a Winner’s inability to accept or utilize a Prize.
SPONSOR & OTHERS MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT AS REGARDS A PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF A PRIZE.
IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSER & OTHERS BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OF EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. ENTRANTS SHOULD CHECK THEIR LOCAL LAWS TO LEARN IF ANY OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS APPLY TO THEM.
- RELEASE: By acceptance of a Prize, a Winner releases Sponsor & Others from and against any and all liability and claims or causes of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property with respect to all aspects of this Promotion, arising out of participation in this Promotion or Prize related activity whether sponsored by Sponsor or third parties or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a Prize or any component of a Prize.
- PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By acceptance of a Prize, a Winner agrees to allow Sponsor, and/or its designees the perpetual right to use his/her name, personal information, photos and/or likeness, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including but not limited to on the World Wide web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except as and where prohibited by law.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND CHOICE OF LAW: Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Kentucky. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by the United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky or the appropriate Kentucky State Court located in Jefferson County, Kentucky. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Kentucky and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Kentucky. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual incurred out-of-pocket expenses (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this Promotion and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
- General: By participating in the Promotion, Entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which are final and binding in all matters and all respects relating to this Promotion. This Promotion is void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All Entries and/or materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor & Others are not responsible for any lost, late, undelivered, misdelivered or postage due mail.
- WINNERS LIST: For the names of the Winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, postmarked by 9/30/17, to: Winners List, The Home Robotics Challenge & Sweepstakes presented by GE Appliances and Autodesk, 35610 Mound Road, Sterling Heights, MI 48310-4725.
SPONSOR: Haier US Appliances Solutions, Inc. DBA GE Appliances, Appliance Park, Louisville, KY 40225 is the sole sponsor of this Promotion
Visa is a registered trademark of Visa International Services Association. MetaBank® is a registered trademark of MetaBank. None of the aforementioned entities sponsor, endorse, approve or have any responsibility for this Promotion
The Home Robotics Challenge presented by GE Appliances and Autodesk Official Rules may not be re-published in whole or in part without the prior written consent of Haier US Appliance Solutions, Inc. and Autodesk, Inc.
© 2017 Haier US Appliance Solutions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.